My Husband just started working nights how do I sleep?

My husband and I are the cuddling type and we've never spent a night apart till now, he just started working nights and i can't sleep no matter what i do. And then when he gets home i can only take a nap with him and I have to get up and get things done. It doesn't help matters that I'm pregnant and already have problems sleeping. How do I deal with this? Please help i'll be thankful for any ideas.

Mrshood09

Asked by Mrshood09 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG I went through the same thing when my husband started working nights I could not get any sleep and would often stay up all night until he came home and then Id fall right to sleep. What I eventually did was invest in a large body pillow misted some of his axe spray on it and cuddled it to death lol
    savala88

Answer by savala88 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• get things done while he's at work so you can sleep with him during the day. That's what I did when my (now) x had to work nights.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My hubby is deployed and we are the cuddling type as well. I started using a shirt that smelled like him to sleep! That helped make me feel like he was somewhat next to me in my empty bed.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My dh works from 8pm to 8am, and the baby and I have our day when its dark out. We wait for him to get home, eat dinner at 8:30am and go to bed at about 10am. We wake up at about 4pm and eat breakfast at 5:30pm. We're just on a flipped schedule from the rest of the world. His family seems to have a real problem understanding this though. They don't "get" why his lazy butt is asleep at noon, no matter how many times we tell them that it's midnight here. Frustrating...

LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 4:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• when mine was oversea's for a year. i would kiss his picture every night, i had a teddy bear in my bed that he gave me in teh first few months we dated....

and i let my daughter sleep with me but she as an infant then...i wouldnt do that if they are older, creates bad habits
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009