what to do when a friend cheats on you...

so I had this "bf" all through middle and high school. we completed each other and our 10 grade I left and did home school because she wasnt friends with me anymore. when i leftshe made friends with everyone. out of high school now for a few years still not talking but I am talking and thought i was getting rather close to one of the girls that SHE was friends with in high school. long story short my old bf slept with her bf and that ended. this girl has gone so far as to invite me to church and call me her new baby's auntie! now I found out that she is talking to my old bf behind my back I guess...planning game nights, get togethers and all of that. I feel hurt, to know I've been venting about this old bf to her and she turns around and is hanging out with her. Am I wrong? Should I not trust ANOTHER so called friend...SIGH! I just cant make friends that are honest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I know what you mean. I have only got a couple friends who I know I can really trust and I just have to stick with them. I will hang out with my other friends, but I know they are the kind of people who if you vent about something will go running to that person you were venting about and blow it all out of proportion. Drama queens lol. Some people just get stuck in high school and can't move on. So, why don't you try to go to different places, make friends totally out of that group? Go somewhere where you have an interest in something and find a friend there. I know its not easy but you should be able to trust your true friends and know you can trust them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm confused, if it's been 4 or 5 years since you have been friends with her, then why are you still venting about her? As adults, we are allowed to be friends with whoever we choose. Why can't she be friends with both of you? Also what makes her dishonest about it? If you like the woman, then be friends with her. If you can't be ok with her having a friend that you don't like then move on. Simple as that.
    K.D.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I went through a similar situation. I was really good friends with this girl and ended up not being friends, I became friends with someone else and she knew about the ex-friend and knew who she was. Then I see my new friends car at her house! I realize she can be friends with whom ever she likes but I would never befriend my friends ex-friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Holy Crap, you people understood that? Sounds like it could have been somewhat interesting however, I was confused reading it... This bf, that bf, high school, church, auntie, and bf's sleeping with other bf's... I need a translator!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was a little confused too. but as an adult we can be friends with whoever we want. Just wondering why is it still bothering you that your first friend is not longer friends with you. Just wondering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009