Ouch that kinda hurts...

I'm 39 and a half weeks pregnant, and tonight when I used the restroom after I was done peeing I had this sharp pain in my vagina.
I peed again after that about 30 minutes later and it didn't hurt, and some time after that (or maybe a few times after) it hurt again.

Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call the ob/gyn and have them test your urine for bacteria. Urinary infections can become serious if left untreated, and they can be harmful to pregnancy if allowed to go on for long periods of time. So, go pee in a cup. If your doc is like mine, you probably have to do it every visit anyway, one more time won't hurt. :) And if you do have an infection, they can get rid of it quickly with antibiotics, keeping you and baby safe from complications. Best of luck to you, and happy pregnancy! :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009