what are some things i can do to help my 2 month old feel better after immunizations?

my 2 month on just had his immunizations today and he is very irritable. he will wake up screaming and still have his eyes closed. he seems almost inconsolable at times. i've given him baby tylenol but still no relief.

APerrin0407

Asked by APerrin0407 at 5:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you call his doctor? The Tylenol should've helped with fever or pain...
    Also get a icepack and ice the spot for a few minutes, sometimes the injection site will get real hot and swell a little
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• DOn't get the vaccines!

Seriously. call the doctor because this could be a serious side effect. He likely got DTaP at 2 months old and that is notorious for causing screaming and inconsolability in kids and it has something to do with slight brain swelling I believe is what I read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• baby ibuprofen works better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Baby ibuprofen it's recommended until after 6 months.

I would call your doctor just in case. Keep his dose of tylenol in him (but no more than the recommended dose at the recommended spacing).

And hopefully you'll do your own research rather than listen to people spouting off half-baked facts like "something to do with slight brain swelling I believe is what I read" when making decisions about vaccination.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009