Contractions are 3 minutes apart but for how long?

How long do my contractions need to stay 3 minutes apart before I should go in. They've been 3 minutes apart for about a half an hour now.

Yes, I'm full term.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they last 60 seconds? call the doc. and youll probably have to go in.....good luck :) sounds like real contractions
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• 3-1-1. 3 minutes apart lasting 1 minute for 1 hour. Honestly though, if you live within 15 minutes of the hospital, I would wait until you "can't handle it anymore" as most put it. If interventions are a concern for you, then that would be the best idea.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 7:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Why aren't you in the hospital now? Do plan on having that baby by yourself?
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Oh your gonna have a baby! congrats!!! And I'd go in :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

I agree with this!

Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• When I went in they was 2-3min apart and this was after my water broke at home and was 5-6cm dialated when i got there around 7pm but didnt have her till after 4am. So sometimes its better to labor at home or even walk around. I had went in earlier to the hospital and was only dialated to a 2 and was sent back home and took a warm bath and within an hour was back at the hospital and I believe that warm bath made me dialate more, lol. I think the petocin and sitting there made the labor be longer
    Anonymous

• go to babycenter.com under pregnancy
    Anonymous