Am i supposed to still be getting morning sickness?

i am 15-16 weeks pregnant, i was never sick like this with my boys. the pills the doc. gave me for morning sickness make me a zombie so i dont take them...i have a 1 yr old baby to watch over and a 7 yr old with adhd.....i havent found out the sex of the sex of the baby yet, but i will in july. im tired of throwing up.

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately you can get morning sickness at any time, and some women get it for the entire pregnancy :o(. There are some natural methods you can try that wont leave you all icky and zombie like. Ginger is very good for nausea, so is flat coca-cola. Here's something about the ginger : It's quite common for medical doctors, midwives, naturopaths, and other health practitioners to recommend ginger for morning sickness. Four double-blind, randomized clinical trials support this recommendation. The dose used in the studies was a total of one gram of ginger per day, taken in divided doses, for four days to three weeks. This is equivalent to half a teaspoon of ginger taken four times a day. It can be steeped with hot water for five minutes to make a hot ginger tea. Also, 2 drops of peppermint oil in a large bowl of hot water is supposed to help. Fill it up and set it by your bed at night. It's aromatherapy.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 7:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• it might be a girl, but with my son i never got sick but one time, and with this pregnancy i am still sick all the time and i am 28 weeks and ir boy, so i dont know what to tell you...all i know is every pregnancy is different
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Where are your soda craackers? they should be on your night stand so that you can eat a few before you get out of bed.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• its hard to sit up slowly when you have a baby crying to get out of the crib at 6 am, and a 7 yo that needs to get ready for school...i have barfed up crackers, and i have drank gingerale :(
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Sounds like your a little irritated guitarmom. Gingerale is different then ginger tea. Why dont you try it.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• some pregnancies are rough--you may have it the whole time. My first I was sick two weeks and really thought it was the flu. My son never threw up but was so sick to my stomach and had dry heves for 9 months. My youngest I was sick on and off the whole time.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2009