Do you send you 4 mos to daycare when they have a bit of a runny nose and 99.7 temp?

OverInChile

Asked by OverInChile at 7:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I dont send any of my kids to daycare (they'd drive a daycare provider insane, rofl) but I certainly wouldnt if they were sick.. because then youd be passing a cold around and your baby probably doesnt feel good, he needs his mommy
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No, that is a temperature for a 4 month old baby, and not with a runny nose.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• young infants are generally not supposed to get sick the first 6 months..and if they do i would go straight to the doc.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No. You don't send your little one to daycare when they are sick. Take the baby to the pediatrician and find out what's going on.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well since 99.5 was my LO's normal temperature yeah I would. If LO is otherwise acting fine then it is probably teething (mine always had slight fever and runny noses) and should be fine to go. Your daycare should have guidelines as to when to stay home so I would ask them since all are different. You do not need to go to the ped unless LO is acting sick. And who ever told you that young infants don't get sick before 6 months old? Why wouldn't they especially if they are in daycare?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Sounds like teething, do you have the super-slobber?  If its that then sure but if its a cold no

HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ANY DOCTOR YOU SPEAK WITH WILL TELL YOU.. UNTIL THEY GET A 100.4+ TEMP THEY DON'T HAVE A FEVER..

and if you start now freaking over a runny nose.. your gonna be setting yourself up for a huge problem down the road... relax.. a runny nose.. is NOTHING BIG..
    Í°
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I worked in daycare, I would say no, don't send him! He may just get worse through the day, keep your little one home with you!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Could be teething in which case sending him is fine. Is there a lot of drooling involved? Drooling is another sign of teething. My son looked and sounded like he had a head cold when he was teething. 

And regarding the comment about kids not getting sick until they're 6 months old ... My daughter was hospitalized at 12 weeks for brochilitis (sp? - Not bronchitis, brochilitis - a deeper infection of the lung) so I'm thinking that comment was a bit inflammatory and you shouldn't get all worried and concerned based on that.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Oh geez! Where did he get the runny nose from!? DAYCARE! As long as the fever isn't above the limit for the daycare (ours is 101.4) then you can still send him. Trust that they will call you if he develops any new symptoms or a higher fever. If I kept my son out of daycare for every runny nose he had, we wouldnt have gone his first year and a half of his life!!

If you dont feel comfortable, then certainly keep your LO home. I know I did the first time my son got a cold (two weeks after starting daycare at 3.5 months old). All the other kids were also sick, but it was the first time he had one, so I wanted to be with him.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009