What are fibroids?

I woke up yesterday morning to bleeding. I am 9 weeks and 2 days and I was so scared I was going to lose the baby. Off to the ER I go and after getting in to a room and then to radiology I learned the baby is fine. However my right ovary, instead of being off to the side of my uterus, is behind my uterus and the ultrasound tech saw 2 fibroids forming. While they are small now she mentioned that they feed off the pregnancy.

Is this something to be concerned about?

They could not tell me what caused the bleeding. I was not admitted to the hospital.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had fibroids with my second pregnancy. I didn't start bleeding/spotting till around 16 weeks..I was just in A LOT of pain from the fibroids. My daughter was fine, and I didn't have any serious problems. If you have any concerns, you need to see your doctor and ask a lot of question. You can even google it, and see what you find.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 7:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• thats strange they didnt tell you more about it. you will probably have bleeding now n then with this preg. then when you have the baby it might clear up. i would just keep up with the doc./midwife....i had that young and havnt had a prob. since my 1st.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i used to have terrible periods though
    guitarmom101