Baby name crazy?

Is it just me or does anyone else love picking out baby names? (I'm not pregnant but we were thinking about trying the first of the year.) I love it, I have a list of names and I could read baby name books everyday. I'll never have as many kids as names I like but I still love it. I think it reminds me how much fun and exciting my first pregnancy was w/o the being pregnant part.

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just love names. I did not love being preg not for a moment but do love my little one. I also have no intentions to have more then just two kids but I could read babyname books all day long too! Names are interesting and pretty.
    Just a funny little side note here. I spent my whole childhood thinking of little girl names and swore to myself I would NEVER pick out a popular name b/c I cant stand having a name that everyone else has. I got set on the name Lilly Anne a few years back (Anne is my middle name and I think saying Lilly Anne together sounds like Lilian but isnt and thats cute!). Well what do you know out pops my little girl I give her that name and now it is the most popular name! Not even joking look it up its on like the top five most popular names for these coming years! Not to mention each day I hear from ppl at least 3 times "I know a Lilly" and they are always under age 5! So much for not having a popular name
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I love names but I am not a fan of picking baby names. I find it very stressful. A few months ago I posted a journal about how hard I find it to pick a name that not only suits a baby, but also a teenager, a college student, a professional adult and one that will look and sound acceptable when they are filling out their Medicare paperwork. Of course, I also have rules such as no funny spellings and nothing that can easily be made into a nickname. During the process of picking out a name I know I put a lot of pressure on myself but in the end I was very happy with the names we came up with. WE, being the other problem. I had a really hard time coming up with names my husband would agree too. He told me I liked little old lady names. I will agree that I do like classic names but I guess that's just me. He likes to spell things funny. That's just him. He told his mother we were naming our daughter Klair. That sooo did not fly.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Not really, but I was OBSESSED with a baby story on t.v when ttc. I now have 5 kids and I am soooo over the baby thing lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009