How can I get a red kool-aid stain off of my wooden kitchen table, without stripping the finish from the wood?

cmarielin

Asked by cmarielin at 8:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A bleach spray should get it up without stripping it. But dont use the magic eraser...That takes the shine out of just about everything. Its good for some walls and bathrooms, but not for tables. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You can try VIM degreaser. It's a yellow liquid and I swear by it.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We have a butcher block table and I just use Clorox spray on it, let it sit for a minute and then wipe up. It doesn't always get all the stains the first time but in a few days they are gone. Then again it's an old table and isn't sealed and has taken a major beating through the years (my parents got it before I was born so it's like 35 years old).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• oh wow, i have the same thing on my coffee table. Hubby swears he didnt do it but the kids are not allowed out of the kitchen with kool-aid. I have had it for 4 years and still hasnt faded a bit. I had to cover it with an arrangement. Lucky it was in the middle of the table. Hope you have better luck then me. I swear it soaked right under the finish
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thanks so much for the answers, I'm going to try it all...I sure hope it works. My table is brand new, and finished even. I'm so sad. I can't believe it stained so easily. I think I'm going to ban red kool-aid from my home...LOL
    cmarielin

Answer by cmarielin at 1:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009