Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need all the help I can find? Please dont pass this up.....

Hi its almost been a year since I lost my baby at birth she was a stillborn. I went in at 30 weeks due to my water breaking and I was given the steriod shot and told to lay flat as long as I could because the fluid would rebuild itself. The fluid was constantly coming out and I told the doctors I was in severe pain and I thought something was wrong from the second day. I was not hooked up to the fetal monitors but 2 times a shift( shift being 12 hours). They let me lay there and my baby passed while still inside. After all this I got all paper work and everyultrasound said not enough fluid to be measured. I also found out that she showed distress that night before she passed. My docs were DR> PEET and DR> ECKHARDT at ST. LUKES in the woodlands. I have found so many moms that had this doctor and have similar stories wondering if anybbody has a story oon these doctors? Please let me know. Thanks and GOD BLESS. RIP my baby girl

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I see that you are trying to get other mothers who may also know these particular Dr's but this seems like a question best directed at an attorney. I am sure there are certain procedures and laws about labor and ultrasounds etc....but most moms dont ususally know them. Contact an attorney and see what they say.

    So sorry ;(

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • I've never heard of them. I am very sorry for your loss. It does sound like you might have a case for malpractice. I would file a report with your state's medical licensing board. At least if you file, and they find that the drs did wrong, maybe it will help someone else and keep them from going to these drs. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 8:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • Try joining groups near the houston area.. The best thing to do is contact an attorney. Sorry for your loss!

    Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • I am so sorry for your loss. You really should be talking to an attorney about this, it doesn't sound like you had proper care. Again, I am so sorry that you had to go through this loss.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • I must agree w/ the above posters. An attorney would be ur best bet & there are free practices sometimes near u so if u dont have the money to talk to someone try to find someone to talk to for free. Joining a support group might help to ease ur mind about what happened. I do encourage to figure out what happened though b/c we dont want it to happen anymore if things were not done right. Hope u get things squared away sorry to hear about ur child :(

    Answer by Mel30248 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • I am sorry I didnt make it clearer.... I do have an attorney. I am just trying to get as many people I can that have dealt with these 2 docs and have problems together so I can send it to my attorney and make my case stronger. I already have so many. Thanks for all the help=)

    Answer by mammaonamission at 1:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.