i haven't had a period in forever...i have been to the doctor and they put me on birth control...but i want to try and get pregnant what should i do?

i have always had crazy periods and i don't know why......i'm 27 and i'm ready to have a child please help me....

Lilangel02

Asked by Lilangel02 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• let your periods regulate first before trying to conceive wait like a good couple of cycles to see how long they last and then maybe after 6months of that stop the pill and try to conceive thats all i can suggest i am in the same boat as you but not on the pill trying to conceive the natural way i am irregular 2 so i have 2 kids so it is possible to get pregnant while irregular good luck!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well, I know that it seems crazy for the Dr to put you on BC if you are trying to get pregnant. But if you are not having a period, then you are probably NOT ovulating. You need to get your periods going to start ovulating so you can become pregnant. A pill should do that for you in a few months.

Did you mention that you wanted to try to get pregnant to your Dr?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You still ovulate even though you don't get your periods, first thing to do is get off the B.C and see your doctor.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Not usually BooBear, you CAN ovulate witih no periods. But chances are, she is not.

The Dr really should do a work up to find out for sure.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have PCOS and thats the cause for my irregular periods. The doctor gave me progesterone and clomid and I was prego in 3 months. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my dr did the samething to me i have pcos and fiboriod tumors on my uterus and i didnt have my period for about a year do to a combination of other medical issues. my dr said she would put me on bc for three months to shut my system down and after that time frame take me off it and my system would reboot...and then give it another 3 months sto se if i get preggo on my own...so far im not...so im looking into ivf and seregants
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 2:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My period were always hugely irregular. 2 to 6 months between! I was concerned as to whether I was ovulating or not so I started using ovulation tests (sorry don't remember brand). The tests showed when I was ovulating, and my husband and I conceived the first month we used it! Good Luck!
    ThistleofTexas

Answer by ThistleofTexas at 2:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009