My sons sleeping habits have totally changed! What should I do?

My son Bobby is 16 months old up until about a month ago he slept in our bedroom the place we were staying wasnt big enought for him to have his own room, we movedabout a month ago and sense then he doesn't sleep through the night he wakes up every night screaming like he is in pain! I don't know if it is still just the move and maybe he scared to wake up alone, or what. It has been a month now and he is still not getting used to it. At our own place we were so lucky ever sense he was like 2 weeks old he would sleep through the night I don't know why its changed so dramtically. I don't know how to handle it either when he wakes up he try to let him cry but he wont stop I let him cry once for over an hour and he still kept screaming! I don't want him to get in the habbit of me coming everytime he screams but i don't know what else to do?

sdierker

Asked by sdierker at 8:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he going to sleep alone? If you are there when he goes to sleep and not when he wakes up, he might be freaked out. If you are not already try letting him go to sleep on his own. I know it's easier said than done.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• when we moved from our small one bedroom to our new 2 bedroom about 10 months ago my son did that, would not sleep in his room, so i said maybe you wanna be a big boy and i put him in a toddler bed and for the past 8 months he has been sleeping 12 plus hours a night and he take a two hour nap during tde day...try differnent things, like putting him to sleep with you, then moving him to his room, try laying with him in his room...just anything.
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• When I put him down I sing him a song read a book and say his prayers, after that I try to lay him down. He is still awake and depending on if he is really tired he'll lay down but sense we moved hes mostly been screaming bloody murder when we lay him down. There are a few night where I have him lay with me for a little while then lay him down, and that sometimes works but not always, I just don't want him getting in the habbit of laying with us I want him to go to bed on his own. I just don't know how to get him comfortable agian with going to bed?
    sdierker

Answer by sdierker at 7:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my daughter did the same thing.i just whould add a night light and her faverite stuffy and come in less and less but always reasure im there.also its good to stay til they go to sleep.hope i helped^_^
    roxieandlily

Answer by roxieandlily at 9:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009