Accidentally pregnant?

Anyone else not trying/on birth control but secretly wanting to get pregnant? My cousin suggested I stop taking my birth control and not tell my husband but I wont/can't do that. We agreed to start trying after we finish paying off some bills so I'll wait.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you are right to wait. Or at the very least, talk to him and think about trying earlier than you had planned. A lie is neve a good way to go, and a lie by omission is a lie just the same. Put yourself in his shoes...would you like an unexpected pregnancy that was only unexpected on your part? Good luck....nice to know there are some honest people left in the world.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• That wouldn't be a nice thing to do to your husband. He should have a say on whether he becomes a father or not, if it can be helped. I'm glad you are considering his feelings over your friend's advise.
    Planning for a baby between two parents is always the best option, if it can be helped. If God decides another path then that is a different story.
    I wish you well!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• After my first two kids, I didn't really do much to keep from getting pg again (no bc) but I wasn't physically TRYING to get pg either. I talked to my hubby and he agreed we would take them as we got 'em. lol. But, after our last, I got a tubal ligation, so we really don't have to worry anymore.
    I think it makes women seem desperate when they intentionally stop taking thier bc to get pg. It worries me about what might happen later, especially if your hubby finds out. How would you feel if you found out he was not doing something that you had both agreed he should? It would upset you wouldn't it? So, you are making a good choice in continuing your bc until you are BOTH ready for a child.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would love to have another one, but we agreed that we only wanted 2 and DH is set on that! I certainly would NOT stop taking birth control if DH wasn't aware of it!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Good for you! I have heard this from lots of women who did this or are thinking of doing this. I think its mean and untrustworthy of a person to do this. Paying off some bills before your next child is a great thing to do. I would like to have another one maybe but we are not in the position to even think of that plus my BF only wanted our on DD but I'm hopeing in a few years he'll change his mind and will want to do this again!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I want to try for a boy. Between the 2 of us we have 3 girls! 16, 11, & 5. I had 3 miscarriages between & after the last 2 so I got my tubes banded. We joke that he's gonna "bust a band loose" so we can get that boy. I guess someday, if I can afford 2 get the bands off, or after 7 yrs we might have that chance! So I have 4 more yrs! :c) I think its smart that u pay off those bills & work w/hubby on the timing. But I also know what u mean...time is tuggin' on my heart!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 10:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009