What do Pagans believe in?

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 8:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, there are alot of these "What do ___ Belive in" questions... I will try my best! I would like to invite you to join my group where you will more than likely get all the answers you need! www.CafeMom.com/group/EndReligiousHate

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Now, lets see if I can give you the answers you need here...

Pagan is a very wide term. More times than not though if someone claims Pagan as their religion and not Buddhist or something else they have a belief similar to that of Wicca.

Basics beliefs (although these change from path to path):
    ~ Polythiestic or the belief in more than one God/Goddess
    ~ Karma or the belief that everything you do will return to you
    ~ Nature Based - they aren't all, but a majority of pagans are earth based, they hold the earth as sacred and treat it and everything in it as such
    ~ Reincarnation or rebirth in order to learn the lessons that this existance has to offer

Depending on the path of Paganism they follow there are more differences that I can list. But they are usually all based around these that I listed in one way or another.

I am an eclectic pagan witch, I would be happy to answer any questions you have about my beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I admire you wanting to learn more about people who have different beliefs. Thank you for asking. I don't think I could have explained any better than Sabrina
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Pagan Primer

Wicca (the largest and most well-known religion under the Pagan umbrella)

Paganism is a HUGE umbrella term that covers a very diverse collection of beliefs and practices. A Hellinistic Pagan has a very different religion than a Wiccan, or a Chaote. Not all Pagans are Wiccan, anddddd not all witches are Wiccan. Not all Pagans are witches (and not all witches are Pagan)... it can be very confusing at first! If your interest is purely to educate yourself, I suggest the Religious Tolerance site I linked, as well as Beliefnet.com for all religions.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• As for my personal beliefs: I believe that everything in the material world is the Divine creating herself, unfurling Herself. Everything that we see and sense is a manifestation of the Divine; we are "part and particle" of that manifestation. She is in everything, and is the sum total of everything. I do not believe she is involved directly in our lives, although we see her effects and can be awed by that majesty. I believe that there are deities - gods - who are part of Her as well. They can be involved in our lives in a personal way. I am most drawn to the Celtic pantheon, so those are the gods I choose to follow and honor. I also am interested in the Germanic gods, and I am open to them as well. I am a kitchen witch, which means I practice low magick ("practical magic"), my home is my temple. My spellwork is not separate from cooking, cleaning, gardening, and other "household" tasks. Those are my worship as well.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009