What do Satanists believe in?

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 8:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The following list is valid for most religious Satanic groups:

~ Satan in his original pre-Christian Pagan forms is respected, as a principle rather than a deity. Satanists do not worship Satan just as most Buddhists do not worship Buddha." As Vexen Crabtree has written:  

"Satanism is Satanism not due to our worship of any deity, but for the philosophy that we stand for. We recognize ourselves as gods, and we hold our own perspective on life as holy and revere our own experiences as the only truth we can ever know. "

"Satanism is the utter rejection of the spiritual way of theistic religions, and the honest admittence [sic] that we are just animals who evolve as any other complex system."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• There is one main Satanic denominations, many smaller traditions, and many solitary practitioners who are unaffiliated with any Satanic organization. They total perhaps ten to twenty thousand adult followers in North America. They differ somewhat in beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ~Major emphasis is placed on the power and authority of the individual Satanist, rather than on a God or Goddess.

~They believe that "no redeemer liveth" - that each person is their own redeemer, fully responsible for their own life.

~"Satanism respects and exalts life. Children and animals are the purest expressions of that life force, and as such are held sacred and precious..." Children and animals are not abused or killed.

~Those Satanists who believe in Satan or Set as a living entity do not worship or demonstrate their faith in him (as, for example, Christians worship and pray to their God).

~They believe that one should live out their lusts and desires, and enthusiastically explore the "seven deadly sins" with other consenting adults.

~They follow many beliefs, practices and rules of behavior which are in conflict with traditional

~Christianity, and essentially all other religions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• There are atheistic Satanists and theistic Satanists. The majority are atheistic though. Neither is evil. We pretty much have the same ideologies, it's just that one believes in a deity and one doesn't. (The ones who sacrifice babies/animals/people and commit terrible crimes and rituals are NOT Satanists....they're psychos who only want attention or think they are worshiping the Christian version of the devil.)

Satanism is pretty much an un-religion. We don't believe you should worship anything but yourself and your family. You shouldn't have to give up anything that brings you pleasure for your religion and you should not have to feel guilty about it. Live life to the fullest now instead of worrying about after you die. Use your own logic and knowledge to form your own morals and beliefs. Atheistic Satanists use Satan as a symbol for our carnal nature, which some religions like to suppress.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• stole this from a friend....it pretty much all pertains to me :)
    1)I believe in indulgence, whether it be in alcohol, sex, etc.; so long as it brings no harm to myself or others.
    2)I believe I should always show respect for others, and they should in turn have respect for me.
    3)I don't believe in harming others, unless they harm me- then revenge is the logical reaction.
    4)I believe in balance (say, between work and leisure or self and family) and that I should always strive for balance in everything I do.
    5)I believe in reality and the world around me, rather than relying on anything supernatural or spiritual to "guide" and "aid" me.
    6)I believe I should always learn as much as I can about everything around me, so that my entire life is a journey to becoming the best person that I am capable of becoming.
    ....cont.....
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• cont...
    7)I don't believe my way of thinking is right for everyone- I believe there are people who cannot make their own decisions or come to their own intelligent, independant conclusions, and therefore NEED religions to tell them what to do. Thus, I don't go preaching and trying to "convert" people to my ways, but I will readily defend my beliefs to anyone who crosses me, and love every opportunity to educate.
    metalcowgirl34

• Satanism is not a belief in the christian devil, that is devil worship TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS.

satanism is not so much a religioni as a way of thinking. it is about self empowerment, they believe in themself and becoe their own god. a satanists most important holiday is their birthday. they do not pray or hope for someone to do the deed fo them, they stand up and get it done and they dont care how they have to do it. it is selfish for sure, its really about self indulgence and this is where i can not be a sataninst for sure because i believe denying yourself sometimes and giving more to others, its beneficial for your soul and character.

they are for sure strong minded, indepedent people....you slap them, they will punch you in the face (hehe) a satanist makes me think of a very powerful, rich ceo ...its that mentality
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• So owuld sacrificing and worshipping the devil be an actual religion of devil worshippers? So they basically think thye yield all power and not god or other higher power. How intersting. Do they go with science then on how things got here?
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I guess, to devil-worshipers, they have a "religion", but mostly they are rebellious teenagers or criminals with mental disorders.

Yes, we go with science....but there's no set theories we're supposed to adhere too. There is no religious text saying "the universe was created by the big bang and life started with abiogenesis" LOL. You are to just decide what you agree with using your own knowledge and research. Many Satanists practice magick, which is not really accepted by science, so you don't have to exclusively believe just science.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009