Hello ladies, I am going this weekend to do my baby registry. On this registry, i want to make sure i register exactly eveything i need for my baby boy(except clothes people usually bombard you with plenty of this). I need to know what are the best brands and other mommys opionion ofcourse of everything my baby needs, ex. playpen, high chair, swing etc etc. I also need to know what are the MUST haves for his first year. Anyone PLEASE help!! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My best recommendation is that you pick up a copy of the book Baby Bargains... it takes a look at all the baby items and gives insights (based on feedback from tons of moms) on what you need/don't need, it rates the various items for quality, and shows the best options for different budgets. We read through this book before going to register and we had a 2 page registry -- exactly what we needed, nothing more. The worker at Babies R Us told us the typical registry was 12-20 pages long and suggested we go back for more! We didn't ... and we hardly had to buy anything ourselves, and hardly ended up with anything we didn't use. I highly, highly recommend this book. It pays for itself in the amount of money you save!!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The authors are Denise & Alan Fields.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I never heard of this book. Is this book updated yearly? I definetely want to get it now. Thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Make sure you put sleeper gowns on there! you'll love them for night time changes. and wipe warmers are a complete joke! And if money is tight in your family, it may be a good idea to put a convertible carseat on the registry so when your baby outgrows the infant carrier you don't have to go buy one. As for strollers, highchairs, pack n plays etc...I have the Graco brand and love it.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I love my fisher price little lamb cradle swing, also the fisher price 2in 1 projector mibile. I projects a adorable picture onto the lower canopy for younger babies that cannt see far, then that part comes off and it projects to the ceiling for older babies. It plays music and nature sounds. you dont need a wipe warmer, or bottle warmer, dont buy alot of bottles until you see what your baby likes in a nipple shape,
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• One thing that was a LIFE SAVER for me was a rocking chair! I nursed dd & didnt think i needed one. MIL offered hers to me so we took it... Oh WOW. So useful! Diapers! Ask for people to get you size 1 & 2's. baby detergent, Baby lotions,Bath wash, A&D ointment (or whatever you prefer to use for rash's) baby oil (or whatever you prefer to put in baby's hair to prevent cradle cap), and any other daily care stuff like that.. Never to early to start collecting Books!
    Look into Moby wraps, if its something you think you would use-then add it to the list.
    Instead of the HUGE BULKY strollers u get to carry the carseat in, there are smaller ones that are just as good (look at the graco mosaic!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Lot's of burp rags, seriously lol. For the detergent just buy the free and clear kind, it's cheaper. We used our swing and bouncy seat a lot the first year.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• That book is definitely updated regularly. Good luck!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i used graco for his playpen and his stroller/car seat. i got a travel system, and i love it. the highchair i got attaches to our table chairs, i dont remember what its called but it works reallly well. you are going to need tons of diapers! also take time buying the diaper bag, i went through 3 diaper bags so far and my son is only 6 months old, dont buy the one with a plastic zipper, always go for medal, and also the video moniter is great, i love mine! dont know what i'd do without it, there are alot of websites that tell you everything you need for the first year, i found those very helpful. oh and my mom got me the soothing swing..? for my shower but really dont waste money on an expensive swing, they all do the same thing. maybe parenting.com or babycenter.com

goodluck!!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009