when can you take a pregnancy test after implantation bleeding

cause my implantation bleeding last for 5 days and this one site said wait and take a pregnancy test 4-5 days after you had implantation bleeding to get an accurate result. and is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The implantation bleeding can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation. So if your cyrcle is 28 days that wold be sometime 14, 8 to 4 days before your menstrual bleeding. The most accurate HPT claim to be able to detect the pregnancy hormonnes as early as 5 days before MB. So I would say that to be somehow sure about the accurancy of the results I would wait the 6-8 days to take the test. In case the first one would be negative I would wait another 2-4 days and repeat it.
    Good luck to you!
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I took mine 5 day after implantation spotting and got a BFP!

I only had implantation spotting for 1 day (9 DPO) and then I took a test 14 DPO.

However after implantation it takes AT LEAST 48 hours for the Embryo to produce enough HCG to be detectable on a pregnancy test so you should wait at least 2 days after it starts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i don't know that implant would last that long every site i've gone onto said implant spotting should only last about 1-3 days mine lasted two days. They said anything over three days unusally isn't implant I dont want to give ur hopes up but i thought i was pregnant three months ago because i had what i thought was implant and just turned out to be spotting. It also lasted longer than normal implant bleeding would. This last month i actually had implant bleeding and it lasted 2 days. I took test same day it showed up. At the dr office it showed up faint but there.
    Anonymous