How can a person be born again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• By confessing before God they are a sinner,and are powerless to save themselves. Praying,asking for forgiveness, repenting of thier sins,and asking Jesus to come into thier hearts,and save their souls.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• By asking Jesus into your life and to forgive all your sins. :]
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well, you are probably too big to crawl back in there - and it would be just too much to ask of your mother. I'd say just appreciate the life you've got - the parts that aren't so great...don't do that any more.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well I guess when you are reincarnated you are sort of born again...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• "To enter God’s kingdom, you must be born again. Just look to Jesus Christ, who died for your sins on the cross, and believe in Him and His love for you, and that transformation will take place. Thus the question, "Have you been born again by the Spirit of God?" If not, the process is very simple.

Today you’re in one of two camps; it all depends on your relationship to Jesus Christ. You can both believe and look in faith to Jesus, who died for you on the cross; or you can continue going on as you are. It’s an amazing thing—to be lost; you don’t have to do anything. Just keep on doing what you’re doing now and you will perish.

But, if you look to the cross and believe in the One who died for your sins, then the free gift of God is yours... The gift of eternal life."

cont.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The Bible says:
    For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God—Romans 3:23

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out—Acts 3:19

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life—John 3:16

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved—Romans 10:9

Cinnamon-mom

• "If you want a personal relationship with God and the assurance that your sins have been forgiven, here is a suggested prayer...
    Father, I come to you, confessing my sin and asking for your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins, and live in a way that will please You. And so I ask for your help, Lord. I ask that you give me the power through your Holy Spirit to live the right way.

I thank you that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my friend.

I also thank You, because You've said that whoever comes to You, You will in no way cast out. Thank you for giving me a new life in Christ. I surrender myself to you. Make me what you want me to be in Jesus' name. Amen.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• What Next?
    If you have decided to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you are now born again. Here are a few things that will help you to grow as a Christian...

PRAY—prayer is like a telephone line that goes directly to God. It's important to spend time talking to Him every day, the more the better (Philippians 4:6).

READ THE BIBLE—the Bible is like a love letter from God. The more you read it, the more you'll fall in love with Him (1 Peter 2:2).

FELLOWSHIP—you need to have friends who share your beliefs and who can encourage you. This is why it's so important to find a good, Bible-believing church where you can meet other Christians (Hebrews 10:24-25).

WITNESS TO OTHERS—share your faith in Jesus Christ with others. Pray that the Lord will reveal how you should witness and when (Mark 16:15).

God bless you and we pray that you continue to grow closer to the Lord every day!"

fr
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• There is a book called How Can a Man Be Born Again? (which is what Nicodemus asked Jesus in John 3). I have it in my room, but you can actually read it online; it is pretty short. And it should explain any questions you have about the phrase "born again". If you click on the link above, it will take you to the page where you can read the book.

: )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• baptism. not as a baby being "sprinkled'. baptism is a choice, being "Reborn" into christ, not physically, but spiritually, esentially erasing your sins. you must believe jesus is the son of god and desire him to be the lord and savior of your life. this doesnt mean you can sin, ask forgiveness, and keep committing the same sin now that you are "saved" either. repentance and genuinely trying to be christlike. the thing is you need to be BAPTIZED if at all possible (immersion under water), the bible states how important this is.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2009