What's your non-biased opinion about linking vaccines with some cases of Autism?

The government has already established that parents should not be worry about getting vaccinated our children. Parents blaming the vaccines for their children Autism didn't get a cent from the Vaccine Injury Fund after it was scientifically proved that the vaccines don't cause Autism. But why some Doctors and some "rich" parents claim that their children are being detoxed off mercury?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heavy metal poisoning, like mercury poisoning, mimics autism. And some rich parents need something to mooch off of so they have it diagnosed as autism and make money off of it (sorry, I hate Jenny and truly think this is what happened, especially since it only appeared after multiple prolonged seizures). Anyways, heavy metal poisoning and autism are different but are usually both diagnosed as autism which is sad seeing how it has been proven that autism is genetic.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Then why with parents who choose not to vax at all have children with Autism? People just want something to blame. It's genetic and was proven just a few months back.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• As the mother of TWO children with Autism, I HAVE NEVER blamed vaccines for their autism. They have and they will continue to receive their regular schedule. Autism is GENETIC, whatever the "tipping point is" we don't know...yet!

If autism were caused by vaccines then EVERY child would have it! I have a friend who adopted a vegetarian diet prior to trying to conceive, and has NEVER vaxed, and she has a child with autism (and one typically developing child)!

I spend my days using every ounce of energy workign with my children. It doesn't matter WHAT caused it, it is what it is, and pointing fingers does not help my children.

As for those "detoxing" their children....quackery plain and simple! You cannot apply a topical chelation cream to someone with autism and expect that the specific area of the brain that has been damaged is going to repair itself! Would you do that if your child were epileptic?! It's silly!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Vaccines do not cause autism. Genetics cause autism.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I don't think that vaccines cause autism. I still don't vaccinate my kids though, for a host of other reasons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My opinion is that the preservatives used with vaccines and the reactions between vaccines are the cause of health issues. If autism is genetic, then it is possible that the gene can be "turned on" by something.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think that vaccinations and autism are just a coincidence. Most kids get their vaccinations about the time that autism begins to manifest- therefore, people put the two together. Duke University is conducting research and have a theory that that there is a gene that "turns off" in children with autism. That could be the cause. However, why it shuts off is still yet to be know.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You want unbiased *proof*? Okay, how about this package insert for the DTaP vaccine manufactured by Sanofi-Pasteur that lists Autism as a side effect? Unbiased enough for ya?

http://www.vaccineshoppe.com/image.cfm?doc_id=5966&image_type=product_pdf (find it on pg.11, about halfway down)

More info on vaccine package inserts can be found here:
    http://www.vaccines.mil/default.aspx?cnt=resource/quickReferenceCategories&sID=1\
    6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Genetic Predisposition: Some children have immune problems making them susceptible to certain toxins. Our body naturally disposes off toxins but in the case of Autistic children their bodies can't. this is just a theory~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Vaccines do NOT cause Autism. A genetic predisposition causes Autisim. It has already been proven. It is a coincidence that most cases of Autisim are diagnosied at around the same time the MMR shot is given. People just want something to blame.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009