• In the Spotlight:

HELP......................

does the 1dollar pregnancy test work from dollar tree, becuz my period is 8 days late and the test read 1 line, could i still be pregnant,MY PERIOD WAS SUPPOSE TO COME ON JUNE 2ND, NO SIGN OF IT, I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST YESTURDAY AT THE MALL IN THE BATHROOM, IT READ NEGATIVE WHICH MEANS ONE LINE, IM NOT STRESSING OR ANYTHING, BUT MY MONTHLY IS ALWAYS ON TIME, WHAT COULD IT BE, I HAVE A LIL CRAMPING HERE AND THERE I ALSO THEW UP A WEEK AGO, DIHERRA, SORE NIPPLE EVER NOW AND THEN! WHAT COULD I DO BESIDES GO TO THE DOC RIGHT NO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes they work.. i took like 8 of the dollar store ones and the EPT and the walmart brand all positives
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• but if ur stressing bout it ur body reacts to it and might alter ur period
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I bought a pregnancy test from the dollar store and it was positive. So I went to the local health Department and they did a test for me for free and it was also positive. DD is almost a year old now. If you don't trust the dollar store test try buying a more expensive one or contact your local health department to see if they offer pregnancy testing and how much it will cost you.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If you still have some tests from Dollar store try to take the test with your first morning urine. It has higher level of pregnancy hormonnes (if you are pregnant) gathered overnight so it will be easier to detect.
    I wouldnt trust dollar store PT at all.
    I think buying better one will ease your mind. Contacting the health department sounds like a great idea to me as well.
    Good luck
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I bought a dollar store test that came with two test in a box, took it a week before my period and it was negative. I took the other first thing in the morning two days before my expected period and it was positive.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 9:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I actually took 2 pregnancy tests from the Dollar Store and they both said pos. Went to my doctor and he drew blood, and said that I wasn't. Two weeks later I was throwing up everyday and so I went to a dif. doc and she said I was 10 weeks along! So the tests was pretty accurate, you just have to take it early in the morning. All the tests basically test for HCG so there isn't much difference in the tests, except some can detect smaller amounts of HCG than others! GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes, the Dollar Store tests are accurate. If your period is already late, the test would have popped if you were pregnant. Our local hospital uses the Dollar Store hpt in the ER.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• SO SHOULD I PEE ON THE STICK IN THE MORNING FOR THE RIGHT RESULTS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2009