How do I get rid of squirrels in my attic?

They have chewed holes in my ceiling and now wall!

Asked by momofsixangels at 3:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pets

• a friend of mine put one of her cats up there for a short while and they haven't been back since!

• We had them in our old house. We put a trap out (the ones that just catch them, not kill them) and put some peanut butter and some bird food in it. We put it right under the part of the eve where they were getting in. We'd catch one, then drive it down to my parents house (20+ mile away) and let it go. We did this three times and didn't see anymore in there, so we fixed the eve and the problem.

Answer by SAHMlaura at 3:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• to get them gone for good you have to close up every where there coming in at they will go out on sunnydays so when they leave close all the holes up if you dont they will just come back

Answer by jmmcaskill at 3:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• A nice big kitty cat!

Answer by Christine5098 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I was laughing when i first read your post...but you are serious..Yikes!!! That would give me the creeeps!! You have to find out how those little devils are getting in...then use some bait in that area to get them out... way out!!! They love corn and bird seed...use that. Then seal up that attic..OMG!! YOU poor thing!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Get a cat! I had FLYING Squrriels in mine at one time! I opened the attack door and my cat lived up there for about a month. After that I never had a problem again.

Answer by simplysarah77 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• She will change her mind 10 times before she is 18 just pray she does not leave multiple and bring more home, mine did. Make sure she understands being a mom young is not all it's cracked up to be. Maybe she needs to go for her and for you, my daughter is now my best friend. Remember children come through us and not from us, she has her life to live and it is noy a reflection of you. Remember how you felt about your mom at 17 and try to believe it is normal.

Answer by rosetoes at 5:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• HUH ????? ^^^^^ rosetoes I think you responded to the wrong Question LOL

Answer by Mel at 3:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008