• In the Spotlight:

Super tired and everything tastes sour. Any ideas that can help with this?

I'm 9w2d pregnant and am constantly tired. I could sleep for 8-10 hours at night and when I wake up I am just as exhausted as when I went to bed the night before.

Everything tastes sour. I could eat a cookie and it has a sour aftertaste. I could eat a sandwich, bowl of cereal, glass of water, etc. It's the same thing. I don't want an aversion to eating but literally everything is tasting the same.

I don't remember the extremes being like this when I was pregnant with my son. Does anyone have any ideas? Have you experienced this too?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, I'm having the same problem.

The only think you can do about being super tired is go to bed early. I'm 10.5 weeks right now with baby #3 and some nights I go to bed at 8:15, after my kids are in bed.

As for the taste. I find that a 1 oz square of dark chocolate (not milk chocolate, that makes it worse) seems to help. I also have to brush my teeth immediately after eating. That helps too.

With my other pregnancies, that bad taste went away at 16 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009