counting contractions..

probably a stupid question..
do you start counting once the contraction starts, or stops? like for how long they are apart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you start from the start of the first contraction, to the start of the next contraction.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• What the previous poster said is correct I just wanted to add that the website www.contractionmaster.com is awesome for timing contractions and you don't have to write anything down. You can even e-mail and print them off I believe so if you doctor would like to see them. They also have an app for iPhones (and probably the iPod touch too) to keep track of them. And don't worry that isn't a stupid question, I was confused about that until my third child I finally had a nurse explain it to me. And I finally learned how to read most of the stuff on the readouts they have at the hospital. Just ask, take charge of your labor or you might end up feeling like you've been rushed and pushed around. I know I did and I wasn't even opposed to a c-section like some people are, I actually preferred one but I was still upset with how things went.
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009