Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marriage License???

My fiance was married but she passed away. What do we have to to get a marriage license?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • go down to the court house or call and ask them im not sure how it works

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • probably widowed.

    Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • Well, if you are divorced, they need a copy of the divorce final judgment. So, I would think that if she passed away, they would just need a copy of the marriage license and the death certificate, to confirm that the person listed on both is the same. I would contact your local courthouse, though, and ask them to know for absolute sure.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 10:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • I would think if anything the death certificate, but maybe not even that.

    Answer by aeneva at 12:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

  • copy of the death certificate,they can access one for you in your vital records office

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.