how to make shrimp cocktail?

Do i buy the already pink shrimp or is it better to buy uncooked shrimp and cook and chill it? We are going camping so i want whatever will be the easiest. thanks

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I buy the frozen pink shrimp. you just have to thaw it out I usually put it in the strainer and run cold water on it. I like to add horseradish to the bottle cocktail sauce and it will clean out your sinuses!!! Maybe too spicy for kids but good!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Remember that either way you do it, that shrimp won't last long after they are cooked or thawed, esp. with the heat of camping, and even in a fridge. 2-3 days max.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We are in charge of cooking the dinner the first night so thats why i thought shrimp would be fine in the cooler till we ate. thanks for the help:)
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• horseradish and ketchup is all cocktail sauce really is. Just put some ketchup in a dish and add horseradish puree until it is the taste you like. And it is so much cheaper than buying the premade cocktail sauce.
    Anonymous

• I've also made the "homemade" cocktail sauce like anonymous. It's delicious!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009