What would you do?

I have three kiddo's myself and i babysit two other that are 4 and 2 i only charge 15 dollars a day for these two kid whick i think that is farely cheep....They havent paid me for the last 6 days that ive babysat then yesterday i called to tell them if they needed me today that i could babysit but to call and let me know...Well they didnt call me and i assumed i wasnt babysitting today well i was wrong at 6:45 she brings her kid's to my house and wakes me up out of a dead sleep, I was pissed because the least she could of done was called me last night, Then she is a hair stylist and her place of employment doesnt open until 8 and she brough them to me at 6:45 i mean come on what do you do? for a good hr before work and she only works 8 hrs so she should get off before 5 and tell's me her hubby will pick them up at 6 that is 11 hrs. and still hasnt paid me. Ive already told them i wanted paid i mean what else do i need to say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• crazy!...just be firm....PAY ME!
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would tell them you couldn't watch them anymore until you were paid. And that is very cheat, imo.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 10:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think she knows she is taking advantage of you and you should do something about it. I had a lady that would do that to me when I was like 14-17. I would charge less than 3/hour for babysitting her two kids all day long and half of the time she said she would pay me when she got her paycheck, but didnt. I would tell your lady that you will not watch her kids anymore until you are paid, up to date and that you are going to be charging her more. For two kids, I would charge at least $4/hour for all day long or at least $35-40/day
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Wow before my son was old enough to watch the kids I paid 5 per hour. Sounds like these people are getting a huge deal and they don't appreciate it cause their not paying you. Tell em no more till you get some ching and set firm hours for drop off/pick up. Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would refuse to watch them until they paid you, and then tell them that from now on they are to pay you at drop off time and it only includes so many hours anything after that is x amount of money. they need to consider they are getting a very cheap rate for 2 kids and you rely on that money for your part of your families income, and it also covers the food you supply for there kids. write up a contract, you don't have to be licensed to have a contract, make sure they sign it.believe me i've been there done that, so i know how you feel.
    discoverytoyldy

Answer by discoverytoyldy at 10:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My mawmaw watches all four for my cousins kids and they just don't pay her becasue they think she is family and they don't have to because she is family and she is 76 years old and living on social secerity she said she would do it for only 100 per week for all 4 kids thats really cheap considering they are 3 triplet girls who are 8 and 2 has ADHA and another has ADD and the fourth is a lil boy whose is 3 and hardheaded. I feel they should have to pay her but she never says nothing this has been going on for 2 years now all because she didn't speak up. When my 4 year daughter gose over for the weekend my mawmaw won't let me pay her so I just buy her 200 in groceries every month to help her out. Believe me you don't wont to end up like her so SPEAK UP.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It sounds like you have a mother who is always on the run and has no time to stop and if she does stop it is to do what she wants. Yes you have a right to be upset bc you called her in advance to find out if they will be needing your services and she did not. (that would make me mad too) It's funny bc even if you say anything it goes in one ear and then out the other. The reason I know what you are saying is bc I have 2 kids in school of my own and I babysit too.
    2 one year olds and 1 two yrs. old and a 3 yrs. I have been doing this for 5 years now and I like it but when ever a person forgot to pay me I usually give them 2 weeks by then surely a payday has gone by. I charge 20.00 dollars an hour...I think you should too if you are going for more kids...lol maybe even 25.00 a day since you are just starting out. 6 days is too soon wait til she gets paid then she will pay you, she knows she has too. GL Oh and don't worry about
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• telling people you don't want to babysit their kids anymore if it is too much for you. You have to keep sane for your kids...lol And I understand about the dad part he should pick up the kids at his time off but for some reason they don't not everyone is like you and I. It sounds like we would pick up our kids as soon as we have the chance. Some parent's feel like well I have to pay the babysitter all day so might as well just pick them up when it is time....some parents take advantage of it. My dh works grave yard hours and when our kids were babies he would stay with them even though we still had to pay for daycare....not every men is like that one more reason why I married him :) My hours are from 6am to 6pm. I love it when it is payday it makes you for get what kind of days you've had...so hang in there. Atleast you get to be home with the kids and b at home.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think you're done! They owe you money and are disrespectful too boot. Tell her you need payment, and if she does not call with her schedule, then you assume she won't bring them and don't answer your door. People like this will use you as a door mat as long as you let them. They see niceness as weakness.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would'nt keep their kids anymore and try to get your money back. I would do what daycare does, money up front or end of the week or monthly. Even if they miss a day or a week they still have to pay you because you could be getting work from somewhere else. Your pretty much paying to hold your childs spot whether there or not. It may seem harsh, but it's so hard to trust people paying you these days.
    SwtBunnyThumper

Answer by SwtBunnyThumper at 12:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009