How much would you pay/charge?

This past weekend starting Thursday evening after they got home from school, I was to watch 3 girls (12, 7, and 5) until Sunday night. I live about 18 miles away from them and had to make several trips. I was watching them while their mother was out of town. Of course, they were at school all day friday, but I watched them Thurs evening, Fri morning, Fri night, Saturday, and Sunday. She told me when she got home to just think about how much I wanted to charge her and let her know on Friday when she gets paid. She told me before she left that she wanted to pay me as much as I would have gotten at work and I would have worked Thurs, Fri, and Sat and thats about $100. How much should I charge her for the whole weekend?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 10:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would say 150.00 to 175.00 bc it falls on the weekend (weekend the rate goes up) that is your wkend you have to stay put for them. right? I am sure she will pay what you ask.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• IDK but I think $150 is good. It would cover you for missing out on work and pay for some food. You wouldnt really be making alot hourly, but I used to babysit for $100/wkend all the time but I stayed at there house and ate there food.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Wow really? I charged $450 a weekend plus mileage and entertainment expenses when I was a nanny for 3 children. I wouldn't have done it for any less.
    Anonymous