why would any women refer to them self as "b**tch"

I see so many women on here refer to them self as Bitch. Why? It is so disrespectful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because straight up I can be one sometimes and I know it. I wouldn't always refer yo myself that way buy I call it like I see it, even with myself.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 10:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I am a bitch! I am proud to say that. It's not disrespectful at all. It's truth. If you get in my way I'm gonna run you over! I don't take shit from anyone for any reason. Why is that bad? I get what I want out of life and no one can stop me! That's a good thing! But it definitly makes me a bitch. I'm not ashamed to say it! And see nothing wrong with it. In fact I am proud!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Why is it disrespectful if a woman wants to call herself that? She probably just means she doesn't put up with crap from anyone.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It makes them feel in power and not a doormat or a wuss............
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i just say I am a ass,,, not a bitch. Becasue my SO calls me that that sort of a joke becasue our female dog was pg and latincating and he was like I am stuff in the house with two bitches.... I laugh I didn't find it disrespectful.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I haven't done it on here...but I have done it. Here's MY reasoning...If I own the word and give it an alternative meaning how can it be used against me? I tend to be opinionated and have no problem telling people this. I find men take offense to me speaking my mind and will often times call me a bitch...so in my mind that word has now taken on a meaning of a strong, opinionated female. So I respond yes...I AM a bitch and I'm Proud of it! They then end up speechless... their attempt to tick me off backfired.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• self awareness. what gets me, that i don't understand is why black people who are sooo offended by the n word use it themselves to describe themselves. i'm a bitch when need be, but if you call me a bitch, i'm not gonna get mad because it is what i can be.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009