19 months and trying to potty train

ok we started about 2 months ago but ended up stoping cause we move around from place to place and im trying to get him to start agian but he just wont befor he would pee everythime we put him on the potty chair thing but now i dont know what happened he dosent say much and i would love to take the whole naked way but we live in a small apartment with ubunch of other people and i dont like hearing people complain please anyone do you have and suggestions and tips maybe please i dont have the money to keep buying diapers and i hate changing him

: (

lovemyshawn

Asked by lovemyshawn at 10:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sound like it's not time yet unless he is taking off the diaper, bringing you a diaper to change him, letting you know when he has peed or pooped, feeling yucky in the diaper and maybe staying dry through the night. Don't force it. When they are ready it shouldn't take longer than 3 to 4 weeks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Check into the 3 day potty training method. I know there were some questions posted on it before. Search the questions for it. 19 months is awfully young to potty train. Especially for a boy. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i started potty training my son at 21 months, and he isnt even 2 yet and is trained, i made him sit on the potty until he went and he goes to the potty by him self now and takes care of business. every kids is different, you just have figure out what works for you son
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• he dose take off his diaper gives me or his dad a diaper and wipes when he needs to be changed and lays in front of us he stays dry threw really long (3 hour) walks
    lovemyshawn

Answer by lovemyshawn at 11:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• wow your so lucky mamaof2boys0709
    im guess we should have never stoped what we were doing 2 months ago but his dad is so f-in lazy and wont help
    lovemyshawn

Answer by lovemyshawn at 11:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My daughter trained at 19 months; much before 18 months you're not likely to have much success. I believe training at your son's age can work well, but you have to be incredibly consistent and committed. We didn't do naked, but we did underwear and a t-shirt... watched her like crazy and put her on the potty every time she started to pee, gave her a reward. It worked, but if diapers are still in the picture, he's not likely to get what you're asking of him. (The exception would be diapers at nigh -- our daughter is 2 now and still wears "night diapers" -- she calls them that and somehow that's enough for her to understand that they're not an option during the day.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Stop trying. Your baby has the answer on this one. Don't get discouraged, have patience. This is a temporary situation....you dont see too many 5 year olds wearing diapers. However, I will admit, my 5 year old wears pull-ups at night---just in case!
    ReneeinGP

Answer by ReneeinGP at 4:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009