saleing on craigslist

Ok, so i posted something on craigslist and have gotten some responses. One person wants to come out and look at the bed. I think she is local, but i have never done anything like this. Is it safe to let people come in your home to look at things? I am just real cautious about things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• umm....id wait till your hubby got home or called someone and have them come over while she is there just to be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I always have someone home with me, or meet in a public place where there will be several people around and make sure someone knows where I will be, what time and everything else! I also tend to stay on the phone with my hubby or whoever until I actually am face to face with the person. But, I do not have people to my house as a general rule without someone else there!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think this is kind of a weird idea this day and age too. But my DH and I bought a computer from a local man off Craigslist and all went well. I would have someone there with you just as a safety measure but other than that I think you should be ok.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I sold some stuff there and they came to look at it but I made sure my SO was home however please be aware of people trying to send you fake checks I have already recieve 3 fake checks don't accept any checks it is cash only becasue even a money order and cashier's check can be fake, plese be careful never deposit it into your bank go to a check in to cash place and make them verify the check before you give your stuff away. But always deal in person and take cash make sure you are not alone. even if you have just a nieghbor there with you.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2009