Are the Gas prices getting out of Reach for you?

Well its close to $3.00 per Gallon now here! We're both jobless & times Are Beyond unmanagable. Where Basic needs can't be met Etc.. Why did you hear its going up? It seems it goes up in Areas where people are the most unemployed too! How sad is this?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• family carI know it is so sad...I tell my dh let's fill up and keep it on the half way mark then fill up again so it won't be so expensive you'll basically be paying half... atleast in mind my we will.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's up to 2.67 here. Well Thats what it was yesterday. Seems to be going up 10 cents every few days.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 11:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's $2.59 here. But with the Gas Perks from shopping I usually get it for about $1 less...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm in Austin, Tx and it is $2.45. It hasn't started to hurt us yet, but I am afraid it is going to eventually. At least my husband is in Korea so we only have to worry about gas for 1 car, but it is starting to make me a little concerned
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Not yet but in my area it is 2.67 and th eunemployment rate is 14%. Most people cannot afford it. I know if it keeps going up every 2-3 days we will hurt.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Gas is ver $3 a gallon in Chicago. We are fortunate to have a great public transit system so we can live without a car.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I know times are tough, and I believe they're going to get tougher. But my husband and I have a way of dealing with the economy that works every time. We do a budget. It's really that simple. You provide for the four walls: food (to include medication); clothing; shelter (to include your utilities); and transportation (so that you can get to work). And the goal in these things is to do whatever's necessary to minimize your expenses. Do you really need those new clothes? Do you really need cable? Do you really need to go out to eat? Are you house poor? All other financial obligations come after the expenses for your four walls. When you take care of these things, it's seems a lot easier to deal with the economic hardships, because you are living with a feeling of security. The necessities are taken care of. Every other financial obligation can wait in line.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2009