High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy...How did they handle yours?

I'm 36.5 weeks pregnant. When I went to my appointment last week my blood pressure was high. They had me come back yesterday to be checked. It was still high so they did an ultra sound, blood work and put me on the monitors for 20 minutes to get a fetal strip.

They said the baby looked fine but I have to come back on Wednesday and do all the test over again. My doctor said we're just going to "play it by ear" right now and told me to try to be resting until Wednesday. (easier said than done with a toddler)

If you had high blood pressure during pregnancy how did they handle yours?
Did you just keep going back and doing these test? How often?
What was the end result?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got high blood pressure around 22 weeks along. They had me come back every other week from that point. If anything wasn't normal they would have me go to the hospital for a non stress test. When I hit 38 weeks I was leaking fluid and my blood pressure was going up more, they waited a couple days to see if it would change and then ended up inducing me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i had that problem too.. they tested me and told me the baby was fine. my doc said if i get a headache that wont go away ( with tryin everything) to go to the hospital. well ended up having a bad headache like a day or two later and went in..my blood pressure was so high that they induced me and had to come in every few mins to check me..good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I had high blood pressure starting at 34 weeks then ended up inducing me at 36 weeks because they couldn't get it down. It wasn't bad, my daughter was healthy and I ended up fine.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2009