my son bites my nipple while i breastfeed!

Has anyone heard of a women getting her nipple bittin off by a baby!? I chuckle at this but seriously i think he is capable of biting it off! He has 12 teeth and he uses them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter tried this a few times in a row. Each time I yelled "Ow" -- because wow did it hurt -- and pulled her off. Of course this made her sob -- it's usually our quiet, intimate moment and I'm yelling, and she has no idea why -- but I guess it worked because she only did it those few times. I know there are some good posts on how to handle biting on the Breastfeeding Moms support group on CM, too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ouch! I have been there..I nursed all of my children..they quit nursing when they were 8 or 9 months old..because lack of interest & they had teeth..when to bottle & then to sippy cup by the time they were 1 years old..
    MrsMouse

Answer by MrsMouse at 11:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It can be hard. :)

Try the "three strikes, your out" rule. Basically he does it say "no' sternly, and unlatch him. Wait a minute, then relatch. (You can explain that it hurts if he's older too). If he does it again, say "no" and unlatch again. Wait another minute, and relatch. if he does it a third time, repeat but don't relatch until next feeding... or for a little while if you feed on demand.

It may take more then once, but with patience it works. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• this is why i quit nursing.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• he is just teething.. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2009