• In the Spotlight:

What now?

I am 20 years old.. I just missed my period.. today will be two days. I took a clear blue pregnancy test and it said pregnant. I didn't want to believe it and took another this morning.. again pregnant. What should I do now? Should I get a blood test? When do I tell my mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• get a blood test, if that gomes back + tell your mom, if not, start using condoms
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Your pregnant. Make an appointment with your OB. Go ahead and tell your Mom. Best of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The first thing you should do is call your doctor and get an appointment to confirm the pregnancy and get started on prenatal vitamins. They will help you get on track and prepared for pregnancy. I'm assuming you are not married but you do need to tell the father. I don't know your situation but your mom may be your biggest support over the next nine months so tell her sooner rather than later.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was 17 when i first got pg. and I called my mom idmendatly and was crying and what like i need to tell you something and she was like what... and i was like never mind you will just be mad and i hung up. She called me back and was like I promise not to yell or be mad just tell me whats going on if you are gay i understand.. I statred laughing and was like mom i am not gay i am pregnant. Then she made me take a at home test and then go get a bllod test once she realize I was pregnant she was like well it better be a lil girl.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You tell your mom now. You get to a doctor for good medical care.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would make a Dr. apt. let them know you got a positive reading on a preg. test.
    as far as when to tell people...most people say to give it 3 months before telling people (beacause if something goes wrong and everyone knows your preg, it will be harder for you to get through it) but when to tell your mom...that depends if you think she will be happy about it or upset...if you think she would be happy and you are close...tell her whenever you want (i told my mom like 5 seconds after i found out) if you think she'll be upset...maybe wait until after your apt and pick a time you think would be best. good luck!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you are pregnant. now deal with it is all you can do. so get a doctor's appointment and tell your mom. and remember you are an adult, now, not a child. so whatever she says, however she takes it, its not about her and you anymore, its about you and your child.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ok really!.... i used a condom and was on bc with my bd what makes you think she didnt use a condom! really read before you judge or make rude stupid comments .
    cheny

Answer by cheny at 2:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009