Fathers way....to impatient

My daughters almost 2 months old and ever since she was born ive been the main caregiver for her which doesnt bother me at all.But when i have my husband help out with our baby she'll start fussing at him and he gets so angry with her,like yesterday we were driving home and he was in the back seat feeding her a bottle and she finished it and was still hungry so, naturally she starting cryin and the closet gas station was like 3 mins away and because she wouldnt stop crying he started screaming at her and then i got mad because of the way he was treating her,any advice on what measures i should take?

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't leave him alone with her. Take him to parenting classes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband gets frusterated with out daughter too. She's almost 5 months and when he raises his voice to her I get so mad at him. I sat him down one night when Kadence was sleeping I asked him if there was a reason that he was getting so angry. He told me that it frusterates him because it seems to him that I am able to calm her down quicker than him. I explained to him that I it takes time to learn the cries and that when he raises his voice it probably scares her and makes her cry more. He got really sad to think he was scaring her because of his silly frusteration and has been getting much better.
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• He screamed at your new born and you didn't pull over and beat his ass? I'm not sure if I'd show him the door, or try to teach him how to behave like an adult. I definately wouldn't leave the baby alone with him, my fear is how much more his abusive streak will grow as the baby grows and gets older.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• He really needs some serious parenting classes to know what to expect from babies and toddlers.

Does he normally have a quick temper? Has he ever been around kids or babies before?

Those two things might play into this issue. Dont sign him up alone and tell him HE has to do it, just say you want to go, will he go with you. So he feels as if its for you. I would also talk to the instructor before hand somehow, and tell her/him that you are concerned about your dh knowing how to be patient and understanding about what kids do. That way maybe they can tailor the lesson a bit in that direction.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with others about having him talk to someone maybe a theripist. There is a diffreence between screaming at a child out of anger and raising your voice out of exaustion or frusteration. If his temper scares you maybe talk to him voice your concerns and tell him that anger managment might help him. Have him watch her while she sleeps and tell him to look at who he is getting so angey at. There are going to be times that are a lot more frusterating than a hungry fussy baby.
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would tell him in my own words, not yours but i had to do this with my husband, i told him

"listen here asshole he is a baby, he is bound to cry, he didnt come out crying i am sry about that, but either you learn to be patient or you can get the hell out until you calm down,"

and he calmed down, and now is a very good dad, the only time he ever fips out is when my son has cold hand and touches my husbands bare skin then my husband goe, "GOD BOY YOUR HANDS ARE TO COLD" which make sme laugh cuase he has cold hand himself
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• listen .... he does not need therapy... wow over dramatic... he needs to spend time with you and the baby at the same time.. so that he can observe how you react to your babies need and her action to your approach... therapy will just get him worst if you recomend that because you are trying to say that he is a bad parent... guys are different then girls... have him do things for the baby... and if its not the way you like, without getting aggravated show him your way... dont get mad at him unless he physically hurst her...
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Look how many babies have been hurt or killed by an angry father. I don't think it's overreacting it's protecting your child.
    Anonymous

• Yelling at an infant is unacceptable. He just needs time to adjust to having a new baby and all that comes with it.
    DaffysDoll

Answer by DaffysDoll at 1:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• teach him how to care for her. and pre measure the formula and drop it in her bottle that way you just add water when you are on the go.
    don't leave him wiht her until you are no longer afraid of this situation.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009