How Much Sleep Do I Need?

I'm 5 months pregnant and I'm exhausted! I was wondering if I'm getting enough sleep each night? I do wake up to use the restroom at least once nightly but have no problems getting back to sleep. Has your doctor recommended a certain number of hours of sleep to get?

veg4animals2006

Asked by veg4animals2006 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i get around 5-8 hours of sleep depending on when i get done working, but i am 7 months preggers with a 2 year old, so you would be surprised
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have a two year old too and right now I get about 5 1/2-6 hours and I'm just soo tired!
    veg4animals2006

Answer by veg4animals2006 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Can you get the wee one to nap with you? Or can someone watch her so you can nap for a couple hours? If not how about child proofing your bedroom, bringing in lots of fun toys, locking the door with you and your child inside and cat nap? Or nap when your SO gets home from work for an hour or so.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• are you anemic? Talk with your dr for sure, maybe ask your mom to watch your son a couple times a week so you can get a nap in.

MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 1:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would say the recomended 8-10 hrs, but the first baby is always exhausting. All I did was sleep. on the ones after that you have a child running around and your body knows more about what it is doing the second time around. If this is your first, sleep all you want, you won't get to later. Just run it by the dr and see what they say.
    tigerus

Answer by tigerus at 3:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• According to this article
    http://stason.org/articles/wellbeing/sleep/how_many_hours_do_you_need_to_sleep.html
    7-8 hours.
    When I was pregnant i slept 10-11 hrs.
    glitter_bomb

Answer by glitter_bomb at 1:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009