Is one definition of Christianity, Islam or Judaism more or less right?

If religino is a personal belief don't we all have the right our own definition? How can you say it is this ---period. Isn't it all subjective and personal to each person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• sure is.
    obviously one definition isn't right, because if it were who is to say WHICH definition is right? the one set by the WBC or the extremists? the fundamentalists or the liberals? we who follow these religions don't even agree on one definition - hence the reason for so many denominations/sects/versions. there may be one overall generalization that is a good blanket statement, but an in depth, literal definition cannot be achieved as it IS all up to personal interpretation, it IS all subjective.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I believe that whatever definition given in the respective Holy Book is right- I don't understand the logic behind following a religion and not believing in what the manual says.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• When it comes to the "manual", I love the Rabbi quote that says we are to love our God and our neighbor, and the rest is just commentary (paraphrased). But again, that's just my interpretation, my personal opinion...
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009