When your child ask you about Jesus(saw a crucifix) but you never speak of Jesus

what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I tell him who people believe Jesus was and who I believe he was so he gets various viewpoints.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It would really depend on the age of the child . you could get story books to read to him about the subject or maybe if you know of a pastor in your neighborhood they could maybe help talk to them if they are older.
    newslady

Answer by newslady at 11:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• That it's like Santa. Some people believe in Santa and some people don't.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• answer the questions they have as clearly as you can because even if you don't beleive, or understand, this image is not going to go away.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would explain to him what it represents to some people. and that to some it is jesus, explain christian beliefs a little..catholic etc. explain to thim that it is a religion like any other meaning some choose to beliee it, others dont. that their is no proof of its truth, or its falsehoods but if he wants to learn more, that is his choice to do so.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I had this situation (sort of, my then 3 yo had heard someone exclaim "Jesus!" as a swear, and she was copying it). So I said, "Do you know who Jesus is? A long long time ago, there was a man who loved everybody and was very wise. People believed he had a special connection to God; many believed he was God in a man's body. There are a lot of people today who feel love for him, or worship him as god, because of his good works and his message of love. Even if He didn't really exist, the story of his life is important to many people."
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• "A long long time ago, there once lived a man who thought he had a calling to save his people from the government. He preached and taught and upset society and became a criminal. He was excuated and over time legends grew about the man and his preaching. A religion grew around his story and became worldwide which is know as Christianity. But the crucifix is their way of honuring his death and is a symbol of their religion. Mommy is not a Christian, so you don't have to worry about not honouring Jesus."
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well, my kids now know more about Christianity then I wish they did but I would have told them he was a guy people think lived thousands of years ago and some other people didn't like him so they killed him. End of story.
    I would use it as an example of how people are stupid and mean to each other...all because they can't agree on stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009