• In the Spotlight:

Ever feel out of place? Not Racist...

Funniest thing happened to me last weekend. I bought tickets online to a comedy club in St. Louis. It said by the 8:30 show come out and support class of 84. I noticed the comedians were the same at the 10:30 show, but didnt want to go out that late. When we gotto the show we realized that they were having a class reunion for east st. louis class of 84. Not only were the people 13 yrs older than us, we were the only white people there beside one other white girl. It was so funny!!! comedy was great and crowd was great but we felt very out of place LOL! Made it a great night, but we felt like fools because we had no reason to be there!! Oh the memories we will have.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hahaha!! Well, at least no one tried to make you feel out of place and you had a good time!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Really funny part is that someone may have been sayin...hey I remember her! Lmao
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• LOL

Nah, never really felt like that, thought I've often found myself being the only black person among a whole bunch of white people. I grew up in the burbs in the 90s LOL It never bothered me to be around in that way; the only time I got shaky was when someone did or said something racist, which was way too often to believe. But either way, I don't feel uncomfortable at all.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My kids and I were in Walmart. We had sent my one of my DD's and one of my young DS's to the car while we checked out. So my remaining DD and my 3 yr old DS finish and are walking to my van. We get to the van and DD opens the back hatch. We notice a black garbage bag in the back..no big deal we had put some clothes in one to donate, thought my DH had put it in the van for us. We notice a car seat..again we have two no big deal. So my DD starts yelling Hope, Hope...what's this bag doing back here? I have bags in hand ready to load in the van and we hear this little voice say "wait a minute, this is not our car" My 3 yr old had to bring it to the attention of we ding bats that we had walked up to a dark blue Mercury Villager...ours is black! We were like OMG how embarrassing! We laughed all the way to our car. So glad the owner didn't see us...mortifying!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• LOL salexander that is something that would happen to me!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009