Easy Wallpaper Removal

We're trying to get the nursery started, but there are 4 layers of wallpaper on the wall!! Does anybody know the easiest way to get it off without breaking the bank??

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• my parents used a steamer. they said it came offreally easy.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We always used water & vinegar (1:1) in a spray bottle & a scraper. Small patches @ a time. Its time consuming, but cheap! It also helps 2 keep a washcloth close so u can soak tough areas. Lowes/home depot sell a product called a tiger. Its a little wheel that pokes tiny holes in the paper so the water/vinegar can get behind it. I've never used one, but I heard lots of good about them. GL!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband bought this thing at Lowes or Home Depot that I don't know the name of but will try to explain. It's a small 1 or 2 gallon tank that has a small hose and then a nozzle attached. I think it is mostly used to spray your yard. Anyway, he googled wallpaper removal and found a recipe that is water and fabric softener mixed (not sure of how much of each) and he put that in the tank and then sprayed it on the walls. He would let it sit for a minute or two and then scraped the wallpaper off using a scraper of some sort. If you have drywall underneath make sure you don't spray too heavily or you can damage the drywall. You'll probably have to do some sanding and work to the drywall afterward anyway, but you want to limit your damage.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I used a fabric softner and water solution. It worked real well for us. Just put in large spray bottle and soak the wall in small to med size areas, let set for about 5-10 mins and then start scrapping.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009