How Do I Get Rid Of Gnats?

We just recently got back home from vacation. We were gone for about 10 days. Now we have tiny gnats flying around. Not a lot of them but enough to be annoying & they don't seem to be diminishing at all. I don't know what caused them to come because we have never had a problem with it before. I did not have any fruit on the counter or trash in the garbage can when we left. Hubby thinks they are from the plants in the kitchen but I had these for a while before we went on vacation & didn't have any problems. I have noticed some gnats hanging around them though. Also, they seem to hang around the sinks. Not sure if they are attracted to water? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

twinmomof2girls

Asked by twinmomof2girls at 12:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Mix vinegar and bit of dish soap in a shallow dish and put in on the counter.

Also, you can spray hair spray at them. It will freeze their wings and they will die.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Put something sweet in a cup like cider vinegar or I've used balsamic vinegar and put a drop of soap in it. Works everytime for us!
    LoveMyBrynlee

Answer by LoveMyBrynlee at 11:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thanks. I used apple cider vinegar & dish soap. It worked pretty well but not all of the gnats are going into the solution.
    twinmomof2girls

Answer by twinmomof2girls at 11:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009