Dr Tiller?

Okay, I've seen a few posts talking about this "dr tiller".. What did I miss? Who is this person?? I've never heard anything about them and the only thing I've seen here is "I'll pray for him"...

Can some one give me the cliff notes version?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sabrina, he is the abortion doctor, who was doing the late term abortions. Last Sunday morning,a man walked into his church,and shot him dead in front of the congregation. It's a sad situation,all the way around.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ah, I heard about the shooting but honestly it went in one ear and out the other. I don't usually pay to much attention to all that. I never heard a name! Thanks!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You're welcome.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Dr. Tiller was one of three abortion doctors that performed late term abortions. not voluntary abortions but abortions on babies that would otherwise be born with heart defects and such that would make them live only short lives painfully, assisted on life support or with major surgeries. he was shot and killed while he was at church, where he was an usher, by a Pro-Lifer extremist.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• wow i came late to that one, sorry
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well, thanks to you too, katie!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thank you for putting it that way, katie :) I am so sick of all the people who say they don't agree with his murder, but they are glad he's gone. Makes me sick.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was totally against late-term abortion about a week ago. Reading about this Dr. has completely changed my mind. It's unfortunate that this is how his message had to be spread :(
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• he is a baby killer...and being from Wichita I will assure you not everyone of those babies were deformed. Don't believe everything you hear on TV. We can only ask the Lord to have mercy on his soul and pray the man who slaughtered him understand what he did was wrong.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe any of the bullshit I see on TV. I'm doing actual research. Try it out sometime. I like how you put your stereotype on him because of where he's from too. Very mature of you.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009