What to do for 1st birthday?

My son will be one July 6th. I know there will be close to 30 people there. All family, a couple friends. Children will range from 5-16. Most of the guests are older. 50's- 80's. I want to keep everyone entertained, but I have no idea what to do. We may be having the party in our side yard since our home will be to crowded. That is, if it doesn't rain or be to hot.

Anyone have any ideas?

farfalla225

Asked by farfalla225 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• my son just kinda hung out in his highchair for most of the day...i bought a few beach balls and a few outside toys...and we had a water balloon fight. i also set up a sprinkler for the kids and we had a pinata. the adults will all have fun as long as the kids are having fun. we are gonna do the same thing this year for his 2nd birthday. ours was basically the same, family and a few friends.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You can look through these themes to get some ideas (games/supplies/gifts/favors) for each theme. The beach balls for 1st birthday (as mentioned in the above post) and pinatas are also on the link http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html   You could have people guess birthweight/height etc.  Also get a puzzle of birthday child and have the older people see if they can put together while they are chatting at the table. 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 9:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We are doing a luau for my baby's 1st, since it will mostly be adults. We have tiki torches and decorations and are serving fruity drinks. I bought a grass skirt for baby.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009