what age should your frist kid be before you have another one?

ok so im 20 and i have a 3 year old. i really want another one but my boyfriend is scared too. ( he isn't the father of my son but he's been there from the start of my sons life) how do i know when is a good age to have another one so that my kids are kind of close and then how do i get my boyfriend to be ok with it?

jacobmommy62106

Asked by jacobmommy62106 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Good for you for having 3 years with your first before having a second baby. My first was three and a half years old when my second was born, my second was four and a half years old when my third was born. I think any time now is a good time to get pregnant. How much into the threes is your child? I did not want to kids in diapers at one time unless I was surprised with multiples. And I wanted my olders to be not real baby like in addition to that. Although now my oldest is 25 years old and he still has temper tantrums actuallly. sigh it goes on forever but the intensity lessens!!! jk jk!!

This is a good age about now or even older cause your oldest isn't a baby anymore. Maybe your boyfriend is concerned about money or that because of your other relationoship you might not make it? Maybe try counselling? Good Luck mommy.
    Anonymous

• My kid is almost three and I'm about to have my second. So...maybe ask me in a month and I'll be able to say?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Hubbie and I have a 6 1/2 month old, and wont be "trying" for another for at least a couple of years...so our son will be probably 3 or better by the time we have a second.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my daughter was 3 when i was pregnant with my son so i think like a good 3 year space is good as long as your other children are all out of pampers and potty trained i think that is a good reason to try for another child good luck!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009