my daughter

with all this stuff going on with girl scouts and such and i feel as if we are growing apart.i cant help but feel guilty.i wrote to the big leader today to get some answers.it seems as though some of the girls are starting to isolate her.its hard for her to make new friends.so i put her in some new activities for the summer for her to make new firiends.she really doesnt understand why she is being isolated and i dont either.she is 10.my question is how to i prevent us from growing apart.when i do see she is so sad.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Spend a special day out w/ her once in a while. Go do something u both would enjoy & grab a bite to eat together. This will give u time to talk & create great bonds & memories for years to come. I think that taking some time out sometimes just shows that u r there for her, I wouldnt pressure her into telling u everything going on but just listen when she does want to talk whenever or wherever that may be. I'm not sure if this would help b/c my DD is only 17 mo so I dont have any experience w/ this but it might be something u two would enjoy together :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Time together keeping close. She needs to know you are there for her and understand how she is feeling. Don't get me wrong, she has friends, she needs a Mom. I coach my girls to share with me how they are feeling. I tell them I am a soft place to land and I would never betray them. I want them to think of me first when they need someone to go to. Sometimes if we just lay on my bed and have girl talk they will open up about other things they are going through. They are now 15 and 18. We are very close. My son who is 23 is the same. He comes to me still for relationship advice etc. My kids just know I am here..because I am. She will know it too as long as you keep putting yourself out there but not in a pushy way. Do something together, take an art class etc. Just really strengthen those Mother Daughter bonds.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009