For those that don't vaccinate - Is Autism (or the precieved risk of) the reason you chose not to vax?

I do not vaccinate! But I have no fear of Autism, that was the furthest thing from my reasons for not vaxing. But it seems that as soon as I tell someone I don't vax the first thing they say to me is "Autism isn't caused by Vaccines" - I never said it was. I think it COULD be a contributing factor but there is no clear black and white connection as of yet...

So, I ask you this, was Autism YOUR reason for not vaccinating or are there more like me that made this dicision for other reasons??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. Autism was never on my list.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Nope. Autism, even if it was caused by vaccines, isn't the end of the world. It had nothing to do with my decision not to vaccinate at all. People do assume it is ALL the time. I always hear "well, autism is genetic"... well, I never said it wasn't LOL.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's not on my list either. Mostly the ingredients are.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm am scared of the numerous deaths, and permanent injuries among various other things vaccines cause. I was scared of autism, yes. Not so much now, but that was only one tiny little speck of our reason to not vaccinate our children.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009