Can they really file suit against you for medical charges?

I keep getting this letter from a debt company for a medical deby of $268.00 from when i had my daughter. The last letter said that they will file suit if they have too. But i have already sent them the correct correspondence twice as to the inusrance they are suppose to file on. I had chip when i had my child. Obviously they havn't done it. I have filled out all the forms that they send and say that they will file on them. When i call the chip number they say that no claim has been filed. So i don't know who to call anymore. I didn't think they could file suit against you for a medical debt especially when they should have filed it on the insurance and i have sent them copies of EVERYTHING twice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• we had a collections after us three years after my daughter was born for money we didn't finish paying off to ob, about three hundred dollars. every single think you mail do it so that some one at the company has to sign for it and you get back the signature. If you get a recording that your conversation with the insurance co. or collections office is being recorded then you too record your conversation with reps. for your own files. If you didn't yet send copies of what you have to the doctor, insurance co., and collections agency then do it all again with one letter and everything with copies for all detailing what's been going on between those three and what you've been told. Have proof get names get signature reciepts through the mail or fed ex.
    Anonymous

• they can although it has to a good amount. why don't you call them, ask them for the forms you need and file it through the ins. yourself? i've had this happen too.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009