at 13 1/2 weeks, shouldnt you be able to hear the heartbeat..and do you thinkn my next appointment will be to find out what im having? since i go every 4 weeks?i'll be like 17 1/2 weeks?

i need ur input

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they should be able to hear the heartbeat, if not they'll do an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay, as long as they can SEE it, the baby is fine....they usually don't look for the gender until 20wks :) gl
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• With my first, we could hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks. With this one, at 10 weeks, they still couldn't find it. They said it was because i am thin and it was too hard to hear it over mine. Which apparently was true, because you could see it beating just fine in an ultrasound! 17 weeks is a little early to find out the sex. 20 weeks is normally when they do the big ultrasound and you can tell what it is. Sometimes it's even hard to see then!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes, I believe my doc said at 12 weeks you should be able to hear the heartbeat so I'd say you will be able to hear it.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Just to clarify to those replying. It all depends on your doctor. Some do the main ultrasound with measurements at 16-17 weeks, others do 20 weeks, but as long as the baby spreads those legs and you get a good picture you CAN tell the sex of the baby at 16 weeks, I did with my son 5 years ago!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i was around 15 weeks when they heard the heart beat....i knew he was alive....lil butterfly kicks
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• on my daughter she had her legs crossed and they couldn't tell me. As long as you know they are okay that is the main thing. i was able to find out in a late ultrasound, which was 7 weeks before she was born.
    tigerus

Answer by tigerus at 2:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was 19 weeks before I heard a heartbeat... Just a heads up. Also, you may or may not be able to find out the sex, depends on your doctor really, they may want to schedule you to go in at 20 weeks rather than just doing it at your next appointment. Congrats!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009