I had an awful dream last night, does anyone know how to I guess decode dreams?

I have to say for starters I am sooo exausted when I finally go to sleep, I am an over achiever and I tend to stay up and get things done that I cant so much get to when the children are up, I tend to dream more when I go to bed over tierd! Well last night I had an AWFUL dream and woke up crying and rushing to my baby! I dreamed I had her in the bath upstairs as I normally do and the phone rang, and I came downstairs to anwer it(which I would NEVER do! Shes only 8 months old!) and while I was downstairs I sat down on the bed and fell asleep and when I woke I realized she was in the bath, when I got to her she was under water and blue, I pulled her out and proceeded with CPR in my dream and nothing, I lost my baby, I have been so emotional today and I know its insane but I feel as if it may have been a sign of somthing it seemed so real, I havent put her down all day, I couldnt imagine somthing like this really happening!

Ncmom1984

Asked by Ncmom1984 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its stress as a new mom no matter if you have other kids or not. Maybe it's your conscience speaking reminding you you need to take care of yourself too. Can someone twice a week watch baby for you, your mom, a babysitter? One hour a day twice a week if you have to pay even to have baby watched in your home while you wear earplugs to not get upset by baby's cries is good for you. If your mom or some one else, your partner or partner's mom, a sister, best friend ... let them help. Even church on Sundays and put baby in nursery. You say you are an over achiever - can older kids do some of the chores you do at night to get you to bed earlier?
    Anonymous

• I wish I knew how to decode dreams. I keep wondering if a dream I had is going to come true (about getting pregnant) or if I'm crazy. It is always in the back of my mind.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My oldest is now 24 years old. When he was 7 I dreamt (as crazy as this sounds) that some very bad men tried to steal him from me and one way or another after a long chase I found my son dead - gray skin and all - face down in a bathroom sink. I woke up frantic; no, hysterical, sweating (as if I were really running), and my heart felt as if it were pounding outside of my skin. I remember this as if it were this very day. He, being my first born, and the only child in the family - no cousins or anything - was always very carefully watched and closely taken care of by our entire family - cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great grandparents. I was at the time advised that I felt (with the fact that I was working two jobs and always exhausted) that I wasn't there enough for him. I was feeling inadequate. Usually when you have a horrible dream it doesn't mean exactly what you dream. There is underlying reasoning behind it.
    scablero

Answer by scablero at 7:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• sounds to me like you are afraid of doing something wrong that will have dire consequences for your child. its a common thing among new mothers. take a deep breath, calm your emotions and remind yourself that you are a good mom and every one makes mistakes. just make sure you let your baby know you will make mistakes but those mistakes are made from love. you, as an overacheiver, are putting way too much pressure on yourself. why do you do this? tell yourself you aren't good enough? there are plenty of strangers (many on this site) and friends and family members who are waiting for the chance to say that to you. don't do it to yourself.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009